Tuesday, December 6, 2011

On The Top Of Their Game

Before you read on and before you are able to understand how much passion I have of this band, you should watch this. (You're not gonna regret it.)


I was lover of hit charts and music when this band released one of their first big singles ever, Yellow. However, the problem was I disliked them. I dunno why, I was a judgmental young girl who childishly thought boring music videos equated to poor music. I was blinded by MTV.

Fast forward to almost ten years after here I am loving this band to bits I could not even contain it. So I am writing about it.

I used to write a fan mail to them in 2010 which I doubt they ever read. But I'm happy that in 2011 they released a new album called Mylo Xyloto, probably their best yet.

It took them years to make this record and I must say that it shows how their motivation for creating is art rather than profit.

As a fan, I believe that I have followed their career closely and that I would know when my favorite band's fully "ripe" and on the top of their game. I could not stress any much more how their time is now.

My thoughts were further affirmed when I heard on the radio that they are on their way to becoming legends.

Their songs have a story and that's what I like best about them. The sound of their instruments come in close second.

In case you didn't notice I really love Coldplay.

:-)



Danne


No comments:

Post a Comment