Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fan Mail

Dear Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will,

You are my most favorite musicians on planet earth. And I bet you hear that everyday, it may sound almost insincere. But trust me, I'm one of the many souls that mean it!

I have no idea how this letter got to you. I had intentions of mailing it since I am discouraged by the chances of it eventually ending up at your desks. When I watch Youtube, I see millions of hits on your videos. It makes me think that even if I didn't watch your videos or buy all your albums, or if I never became a fan, you'd still be as famous, as great and as awesome. And I don't really mind! I'm just glad to be your fan whether it matters or not!

Have you ever wondered which song of yours people like best? Some days, Violet Hill can be my favorite. Other days, I wake up singing Don't Panic or I put myself to sleep with Yellow on repeat. I used to say Fix You was my first love, but I might have to rethink that since any of your songs can, whether it may be Speed of Sound or Talk, bring back feelings of those eager days when I sped up to my room, locked the door and pretended to live inside a Coldplay world.

I'm a fan, not only because you are excellent with the whole music thing but because you possess such spunk. You are rock stars that are very comfortable under your skin. The total package was too original to be shoved off. The songs are simple and complex all at once.

It is my great fear that you stop creating music. Please don't ever get tired. You may not know it but many people, in the silence of their rooms during midnight, play your songs and remember feelings. Your songs are theraputic like aromatherapy candles, and that's your relevant contribution to the stressed out, baggage-laden world.

It has been my birthday wish to see you perform live for 3 years in a row now. I don't mind wishing for it until I'm old. I just sure hope it comes true, or else those birthday candles would be such a waste.

Kidding aside, keep on rocking my socks until they fall off.
Danne


No comments:

Post a Comment