Friday, December 30, 2011

My Most Memorable - 2011

Earlier this afternoon, I tweeted about my 2011.


However, when I was compiling the pictures I have shot this year, I realized how I wasted much of my time worrying about tomorrow when I could perfectly enjoy and get lost in the moment. How this was a good year never really struck me until its last few hours.

Japan

My 2011 started in Japan. I've grown quite accustomed in independent living for quite a while, in retrospect, I actually enjoyed it. My friends and I also traveled from Tokyo to Kamakura, to Hakone, to Kansai Region (Kyoto, Osaka, Nara), to Hiroshima.

I'm so blessed to be given the opportunity to just travel this year despite many things.

That's me in thick clothing in one of those steaming areas in Hakone where a scenic view of Mt. Fuji could be seen.




Here are some of my most favorite shots from my living in Japan.




I saw one of the most beautiful and historic cities ever where I'm eyeing to stay for retirement, Kyoto.

The most breathtaking tourist spot I've seen (Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto). Looks like a shot from postcard?





This one's the Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Dome.


I also experienced working as a part-time employee in a store in Ginza, tutoring Japanese students while being a foreign student myself, some really cold winter weather and snow, amazing (and very breathtaking) Tokyo moments.

Besides that, of course was March 11, 2011, 2:46 PM, the Great Tohoku Earthquake. I hope that will be the only time I'd experience a magnitude 9 earthquake.


Proud of that country that was able to slowly move on from such a disaster.

Tokyo is very much like a love affair, and leaving was very much like a break-up. I had a terrible and difficult time moving on. Sometimes I still experience relapse, though I am a proud of the little progress I have made adjusting. :)

Internship with Selecta

When I got back Manila last summer, I was still looking for things to do when a good opportunity opened up for me. I was able to get an internship in Unilever for none other than...ice cream! For one summer I got to eat so much free ice cream my tummy grew happy.

Completing a Degree

So this is how it feels like to have graduated from college. I haven't attended my graduation rites yet, which probably is the reason why I felt like graduation is just like suddenly stopping schooling, except you've finished it. I was so blessed to graduate Magna Cum Laude. Man, those sleepless nights must have paid off!

Really missing Diliman badly!



Nestlé MILE

Another opportunity that was opened up to me was being part of this year's batch of MILEes! Even if this experience lasted only four days, it seemed like there were so many things I've brought out with me from this experience. MILE was a chance for me to explore things I did not know I could do. It was also an opportunity to build friendships.



Manila Foodistas

And before the year ended, I got to join a food blog, Manila Foodistas. I'm no food connoisseur nor have I any professional knowledge on nutrition. The great thing about food blogging for me is the fact that you don't need to be a professional to share some of your thoughts on eating... you just have to be hungry and love food.

...And many other things

I've had some personal bouts which I treasure about this year. The dog that I loved the most died all of a sudden, and that was really devastating for me. This December too was not really a good month for many reasons, but I still choose to put my faith in Him.

I was able to strengthen my family relationships, re-build relationships with others, and form new ones- some of which are those which are really precious to me.



My sole resolution for the new year is to walk more and sit less.


Thanks Lord for what was 2011.


Danne


2 comments: